Monday, August 29, 2011

Rock Who Like a Hurricane?

Freaking Irene. What a mess, what a tragedy, what a disaster. In my part of the country, it turned out to not be super problematic...just a little scary and I lost power for a day.  The most damage I saw was when I walked home from yoga and noticed a big tree that had fallen directly onto a neighbor's Jeep. That sucks Mr. Jeep. Talk about bad luck. 


In other parts of the country, people lost much more than cars. Homes, businesses, even lives were lost. This makes me so depressed. My Facebook feed was loaded with complaints about power being out, vacations being delayed, and having to take longer routes to work. I admit I was temporarily annoyed when I missed the VMA's (really wanted to see the tribute to Britney - which turned out to be pretty crappy anyway) until I realized what might have been. Seriously, sometimes I like to step back and put things into perspective. Couldn't things have been much, much worse? Believe me, no one complains more than me, but I can't even bitch about petty things when other people are actually suffering true loss.  


Sorry to anyone reading this who suffered more than a minor inconvenience due to Hurricane Irene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment