Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lulu Love

A few months ago, my friend Kara told me about a little store called Lululemon (or "Lulu" if you want to be cute about it), a store than makes gear for yoga, running, and other activities. I had heard of the place, but when I saw the prices on the website I decided to stick to the more budget-friendly Champion by Tar-zhay line. Kara kept talking about how great the Lulu clothes were, so I later decided to visit a store and try some stuff on. Instantly hooked.


"Check out the 'We Made Too Much' section for the sale items, bitches. -A."


The prices may seem outrageous, but believe me, this is a case of "you get what you pay for." Totally worth it, and I believe that the company guarantees the clothes for something like five years, so it's a decent investment. 


"Please tell me they will cover any acts of damage to my sweet knit beret."


So far I have this topthis tank, and a few headbands. This place is worse than potato chips. You can't get just one. Luckily these are multi-purpose tops - I can wear them running, to yoga, and perhaps out and about. 


"Like my new Vinyasa scarf?"


Tonight I FINALLY got out of my running slump. I am on week 7 of C25K (running 25 minutes) and for the past week I kept getting stuck at 2.74 miles. No matter what I did, that GPS and my butt would not go past 2.74. Tonight I made it 2.82. I know it doesn't sound like much but I nearly cried tears of pure pride when I saw that I snapped my streak. 


"Hurts....so....good!"




The only thing I did differently was stop for two 1-minute breaks to stretch my legs. I recently read that you are not supposed to stretch before your run, as your muscles are tight and stretching risks injury. You're supposed to do a bit of a warmup, then stop to stretch, then run, and do most of the stretching after your workout. So that's what I did. I guess it worked. 


"When your legs are this long, you have to stretch twice as much."


I also took the stretch breaks right before I came to some steep hills. It was nice to catch my breath and prepare myself for the uphill climb. 


"Ain't about how fast you get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb, bitches. -A"


My goal for the month of August was to run over 31 miles. I am definitely going to hit that goal, so I ordered a new CRB to reward myself (to be opened once said goal is officially hit). My next goal is to run a full 5K without stopping and without including the warmup/cool-down distances (as I have been doing). Reward for that is this long-sleeved tee


"Does this come in a wicking material?"


I won't be rewarding myself with such lavish (for my budget) gifts all of the time. I'm just trying to invest in quality clothes that I know I will use practically year-round and that will motivate me to get my butt off of the couch and achieve the goals that I've set for myself. I've lived with myself for quite some time now...I know how I operate. I come up with excuses far too easily. Until running becomes second nature and I can make myself feel guilty for skipping a run, a little Lulu present to me from me isn't going to hurt a thing. 



"Poor thing is all tuckered out from her super-long run!"

No comments:

Post a Comment