Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creepers Need Not Apply

First things first. Tonight I ran 2.79 miles, which meant I achieved my goal of running 31 miles for the month of August! GO ME. I am really something. 


"Kinda Sorta Vegan Runner, you rock!"


Next goal is to be able to run a true 5K without stopping and without counting my 0.2-mile warmup and 0.2-mile cool-down in that mileage. I'm trying to figure out what my mileage goal should be for September.  This is going to require a calculator. Didn't you know that girls can't do math (or homework, apparently)?


"How do I do the arithmetic again?"


So after referring to my runner's book and checking around the 'net, I see that it is best to follow The 10-Percent Rule and increase my weekly mileage by 10%. Right now I'm running about 8.4 miles a week. 10% of 8.4 = 0.84. Add 0.84 to 8.4 and you get 9.24. That means for the first week of September, I should aim to have my 3x/week runs be about 3.1 miles apiece. I'm going to be conservative in the amount of mileage that I add for the remainder of the month and aim for 40 miles for the month of September. No wait. Let's make that 39. Don't want to overexert myself. 


"You sure about that?"


Thanks for walking me through the process. Perfect! Not only do I have a super new mileage goal, but by the end of the month I should definitely achieve my main goal of running a full 5K without stopping. Two, two, two goals in one. Maybe I will refer to September's goals as the Dynamic Duo?


"Or perhaps, The Gruesome Twosome?"

Also, a housekeeping note. I follow a few blogs and really admire the courage that the writers have in posting personal photos, full names, hometowns, and info about jobs. It is great to put yourself out there to make your story more personal/relatable/interesting. However, I am highly paranoid and cannot escape the fact that a colleague/ex-boyfriend/person I generally dislike/totally insane creeper will come across my blog. I don't want colleagues knowing about my personal thoughts/ex-boyfriends to know what I'm up to/creepers to stalk me down and wear me like last season's Versace. 

"Creepers, please stay away."

I assure you that I am a completely normal-looking, average weight/height, normal job, etc. I don't have 7 heads or green skin and I don't need a crane to get me out of bed. Perhaps some day when I have a zillion followers who demand to know my true identity, I will reveal myself like Ironman. But until then, you'll just have to enjoy my illustrations via my favorite TV shows and movies. Thanks for your patience in this matter. 


"This is considered 'normal,' right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment