Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Off Night

Tonight should have been a good run. Because of weather hazards, I haven't run since last Wednesday, and if I was going to meet my August goal of 30+ miles, I had to run tonight and tomorrow. Because I need goals to force myself to run and I love accomplishing stuff, I was super pumped to get this run in - want to earn my Lulu shirt. Additionally, my music list randomly played 5 Britney songs during my run and it was a perfect 78 degrees with almost no humidity when I left for my run. All of these factors should have equaled an awesome run, but it was just one of the worst ones I've had in quite awhile. 


"Let's go for a run, y'all!"


I totally deserved it. My sister asked me to babysit for my niece today and I took that opportunity to obey her instructions to help myself to anything in the cabinets and refrigerator. Why is it always so much easier to binge eat when raiding someone else's food? I guess this is because other people buy stuff that I would never trust myself to possess. Case in point: My sister had an unopened bag of Trader Joe's corn chips (aka Fritos) and I housed approximately 1/3 of them. Additionally, she had a block of organic cheese that looked way too delicious to go untouched. (Before you judge this kinda sorta vegan, just know that the vegan gods punished me later during my run.) Finally, I didn't consume even half of the amount of water that I normally would. 


"This counts as a pre-run carbo-load, right y'all?"


By the time I got home and prepped for my run, I figured I didn't need much stretching since I had been in a pretty intense yoga class the night before. "Big mistake. Huge." (- Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman) Got less than halfway through my run and my leg muscles felt so tight I thought they were going to snap. 


"Why didn't you stretch, y'all? Oh, snap!"


Then my ponytail started to come loose, which makes me insane. I normally wrap it tighter than my Christmas presents because I absolutely cannot run with my hair down. I'm not Kim Karsashian, I don't try to look pretty when I exercise - I run because I'm trying to get fit, not because I'm trying to get the paparazzi to take my picture in spandex. Anyway, I had to stop to fix my hair, which totally destroyed my groove and put me in a bad mood.


B. Spears displaying appropriate workout hair. Who cares what you look like? 
You're working out!


Then I stopped to take my one-minute stretch break and realized it had turned into two minutes and that I had neglected to properly stop my C25K app timer, so it was still running and I now had 2 extra minutes of running to make up. I can't be bothered to keep track of timers on my own like some kind of commoner, I need an app to ding in my ear and tell me when my run is finished. Again, you might say ain't no big thang, but it was just another inconvenience that put me in a bad mood. 


"Worst run EVER, y'all!"


At least as I ran past two pedestrians on the side of the road, they saw me coming and moved over to get out of my way. Thank you, lovely pedestrians, for being considerate. See, you never know when your small acts of kindness will make a bit of a difference to a stranger. 


"And we're supposed to marry strangers, right y'all?"

No comments:

Post a Comment